This delicious dish is easy enough to fix at the last minute, but will have everyone thinking you spent hours on it!
* 1 (8 oz) package dry linguine
* 1 (6 and 1/2 oz) can of minced clams
* 2 Tbl olive oil
* 2 Tbl margarine or butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 to 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
* 1/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
* salt to taste
* 2 Tbl fresh parsley, snipped
* Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the linguine according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
2. Drain the clams, but reserve the liquid and set aside.
3. In a 2 qt saucepan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and butter until the oil is hot, and butter is melted. Add the garlic, cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Do not brown the garlic.
4. Carefully add the reserved clam liquid, pepper, basil, oregano, and salt to taste. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in the clams and simmer until heated through. Stir the parsley into the clam sauce.
5. Pour the clam sauce over the hot linguine and toss gently to mix. sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.