This hearty fun twist on traditional pizza is really a treat for kids and adults alike.
* 1 and 1/2 lbs ground beef
* 1 cup chopped bell pepper
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
* 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 tsp garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup milk
* 2 LARGE eggs, slightly beaten
* 1 Tbl olive oil
* 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a 12 inch skillet, cook and stir ground beef, bell pepper, and onion, until beef is browned. Drain fat.
3. Add the tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix, water, garlic powder, and oregano to the meat mixture in skillet. Mix well. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat.
4. Immediately spoon the sauce mixture into a 3 qt. round casserole dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, milk, eggs and olive oil. Mix well. Transfer this batter to a glass measuring cup. Carefully pour the batter over the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes or until light brown and set.
7. Make it 'Mexican' by using a package of taco seasoning mix in place of the spaghetti sauce mix, and Cheddar or Monterey Jack (or both) cheeses in place of the Mozzarella and Parmesan.
8. Make it healthier by substituting ground turkey for the ground beef.