This is one of the most simple, yet most well known, frittata recipes. It's perfect for brunch, or a light main course.
* 6 large eggs
* salt to taste
* pepper to taste
* ! sprig fresh italian flat-leaved parsley
* 6 fresh basil leaves
* 2 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
* 8 oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
* 1 plum tomato, cut into thin rounds
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat the eggs until frothy, add the salt, and the pepper.
3. Chop together the parsley and basil and add to the eggs.
4. Heat the oil in a 9 inch ovenproof skillet, over medium heat. Pour the eggs in and cook briefly until the bottom has settled, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and add the mozzarella arranging it in one layer, and dot with slices of tomato.
5. Bake until the ggs are set and the cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes. Slice like a pie, in wedges, and serve.