Antipasto is probably the most well-known of all Italian appetizers. This recipe is the 'grandaddy' of all antipastos!
* 12 thin slices of Proscuitto
* 12 thin slices of Genoa Salami
* 12 thin slices of baked or boiled ham
* 12 thin slices of Mortadella
* 24 slice Mozzarella, about 3 lbs.
* 1 (6 oz) jar of marinated artichoke hearts
* black pepper, to taste
* 1 (3 and 1/4 oz) can rolled anchovies, drained
* 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into thin rounds
* 1/2 lb mixed Italian cured green and back olives
* ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, about 15-20
* Fresh Italian flat-leaved parsley, for garnish
1. Alternate the different meats, arranging them in a decorative pattern (I usually use a wagonwheel pattern) on a large round platter, leaving space in the center for the Mozzarella and artichokes. The meats may be rolled, or folded into quarters, creating a triangle shape, whichever you prefer.
2. Alternate the Mozzarella and artichoke hearts in a circular pattern in the center of the platter.
3. Place the eggs at various spots around the edge of the platter. Place the anchovies in the very center of the platter, and scatter the olives over all. Garnish with parsley.