This easy appetizer will make your guests think you're a gourmet cook!
* 1 round loaf of Italian bread, about 6 inches in diameter
* 1 cup coarsely shredded Mozzarella cheese
* 3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
* 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped fine
* 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped fine
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
1. Place oven rack in middle position in oven, and place a second rack in next lowest position, preheat oven to 400F. Slice 1 inch off the top of the loaf, and set it aside. Scoop out the center of the bread, leaving a 1/2 inch shell, set aside. Cut the scooped out bread into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Combine Mozzarella and Ricotta cheeses, green and red peppers, Parmesan, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon the mixture into the bread shell and replace the top. Wrap bread snugly in foil, then place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 1 hour on middle oven rack.
3. Spread the bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet, place on lower rack, and bake, uncovered, until crisp and golden - about 10 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the foil, lift off the top, and stir the cheese mixture until creamy. Replace top, tilting it slightly to the side, and place loaf on serving platter. Surround with bread cubes for dipping. Serve immediately.