This quick and easy recipe makes the Italian classic simple enough for even beginner cooks.
* 2 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Tbl butter
* 4 oz pancetta, or 6 slices regular bacon, cut into 1/4" dice
* 1 lb spaghetti
* 5 eggs, well beaten
* 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
* black pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil and butter in skillet, add pancetta or bacon, saute until golden, lift from pan with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
2. Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente (firm to the bite), about 10 minutes. Drian
3. Bet the eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, and pepper in a large bowl. Add pasta and toos well. Sprinkle pancetta or bacon on top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.