Here's a new recipe we tried tonight, courtesy of A Taste of Home Online http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Sausage-Pizza-Loaf. It received a five-star review with us!
Sausage Pizza Loaf
* 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
* 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
* 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine crust mixes; prepare according to package directions. With greased fingers, press onto the bottom of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder.
Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings.