In this recipe, I add a little worcestershire sauce to this Sicilian style meatloaf. If you like your meatloaf with a little 'red', add your favorite homemade or prepared marinara sauce over the top of the loaf after it has been cooking for 30 minutes.
* 1 and 1/2 lbs ground chuck or ground sirloin
* 1/4 lb provolone cheese, cut into small chunks
* 1 yellow onion, cut into small dice
* 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
* 2 eggs
* 1 Tbl worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
# Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium sized bowl, combine beef, cheese, onion, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, eggs, worcestershire sauce, salt, and 1 Tbl olive oil.
# Lightly oil a medium sized loaf pan with remaining olive oil, and gently transfer meat mixture to pan, pressing meat mixture evenly into pan.
# Bake until an instant read thermometer reads 160F when inserted into center of loaf, approximately 40 minutes. If using marinara sauce, top loaf with sauce after 30 minutes of cooking.
# When done, remove from oven, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 1 inch thick slices.